Notarisation and Legalisation of educational documents for overseas use

Our Legalisation service processes your documents so that they are accepted for use overseas. Everyone knows that it can be a daunting process.   We are here to make life as easy for you.   We have the expertise to provide the requisite  assistance from start to finish. Whether you are working abroad or furthering your education, we are here to help you to get it right and no mater the destination, we have a package to suit you.

Why do I need my degree legalised?

Overseas Authorities such as immigration offices, employers or universities want to know that your award is from a UK Institution and reliable. They require a Notary to either verify the award or certify a true copy of the original. Some countries have additional requirements to give legal recognition to UK documents. For example,  an Apostille from the UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office is often required and in some instances,  further Consulate Legalisation may be  required. The UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office only affixes an Apostille on awards from accredited UK Institutions.

How can you help me?

We can handle the entire process for you, taking away any stress involved. Our experience with this work allows us to get the results you need.

So how does it work?

Our Notary will examine your original Degree Certificate and ensure that it is from a recognised UK Institution.    The Notary will then take a copy of the award and certify it to be a true copy of your origianl award. If required, we make the application to the  UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office and take it on your behalf to them to obtain the Apostille. For some Countries,  we make the necessary application and submit it to the Consulate of that Country for their attesting stamp. After all this, your degree will  now be recognised as valid  for use in your destination. For particular Countries, the Notary is required to verify the award with the institution.

The receiving party will tell you if this is required. It simply adds an extra step to the process where we contact the institution, submit a signed consent form from you and wait to obtain verification. We will then make a statement called a Notarial Certificate,   stating that we have had concrete confirmation from the issuing body, that the award is genuine.

We don’t just help with Degrees, we can legalise all education documents from UK Institutions including:

  • TEFL/TESOL Certificates
  • GCSE/A Levels
  • SQA Qualifications
  • NVQs/Professional Diplomas

What we need from you is:

  • Your original award
  • A photo or scan copy of your passport and proof of address
  • A signed consent form (if you require your award to be verified)

Get in touch with us today to begin the process and start your overseas adventure.